عنوان مقاله [English]
Emotion in the field of sociology has been considered as a social structure, therefore, it can be concluded that social factors play a pivotal role in its development and interpretation. The present study intends to draw attention to the issue of unhappiness as an important emotion from the sociological point of view and to examine its social backgrounds among university students. On the basis of theories in the realm of sociology of emotions (Symbolic Interaction, Ritual Interaction, Human Social Exchange, Dramaturgical Theory, Power and Social Base), this survey has been conducted as quantitative research on the sample of 381 students from Allameh Tabataba’i University who were selected through the stratified sampling method. The results showed a significant relationship between unhappiness and the variables of their place of residence and place of education. Therefore, the students who lived in dormitories felt more unhappiness than dwellers whose families were in the city where they studied and the self-supporting students of independent campuses. Furthermore, the relationship between the main independent variables (inability to manage emotions, social rejection, distrust, social unconformity, and feeling powerless) and unhappiness was meaningful. Feeling powerless, inability to manage emotions and social unconformity explained the most variance of unhappiness respectively.
- Abolfathi, o. (2014). The study of relationship between gender and youth understanding of happiness (MA Thesis) ،faculty of social science،Allameh Tabataba’i university, [in Persian].
- Barbalet, J.M. (1998). Emotion،Social Theory،and Social Structure،A Macro sociological Approach. Cambridge University Press.
- Bidel, P.Mahmoodzade, A.A (2012). A Survey on the Social Affiliation of People to the Iranian Society and Its Relationship with Social Trust and Individualism; A Case Study of Mashhad City. Iranian Cultural Studies. 5 (2) : 31-63, [in Persian].
- Brody،L. R. (2000). The socialization of gender differences in emotional expression: Display rules،infant temperament،and differentiation. In A. H. Fischer (Ed.) Gender and emotion،Social psychological perspectives (pp. 24-47).
- Burke،PJ. (1996).Social identities and psychosocial stress. In Psychosocial Stress: Perspectives on Structure، Theory،Life Course،and Methods،ed.HB Kaplan،Orlando،FL: Acad.press.
- Chalabi, M. (2004). Sociology of Order: Anatomy and theoretical analysis of social order. Tehran: Ney publication, [in Persian].
- Chalabi, M. Mousavi, S.M. (2008) Sociological study of the factors affecting happiness at micro and macro levels. journal of sociology of Iran.1&2: 34-57, [in Persian].
- Csikszentmihalyi،M. Jeremy, H. (2003). Happiness in Everyday Life: The Uses of Experience Sampling. Journal of Happiness Studies :185-199, 4 (2).
- Daly, M.C،Wilson, D.J. (2017). Happiness،Unhappiness،and Suicide: An Empirical Assessment. Journal of the European Economic Association. 7 (2/3) : 539-549
- Dehghani, H. (2011). The relationship of social participation and student happiness (MA Thesis). faculty of social science،Allameh Tabataba’i university, [in Persian].
- Eysenck،M. W. (1996). Happiness: facts and myths. Translated into Persian by Mehrdad Firoozbakht & khashayar Beigi.Tehran: Kamran Publication, [in Persian].
- Gallup (2016). Global Emotions Report. Retrieved from http://www.gallup.com/services/189968/gallup-2016-global-emotions-report.aspx
- Ghadimi, M. (2007).Investigating the level of social trust and its effective factors among students of Zanjan universities. Humanities Research Journal.53:325-356, [in Persian].
- Giddenz, A. (1998).Consequences of Modernity. Translated into Persian by Mohsen Solasi.Tehran: Markaz Publication.
- Goffman،E. (1967). Interaction Ritual: Essays on Face to Face Behavior. Garden City،N.Y.،Anchor Books.
- Hackenbracht،J. Maya،T. (2010). Preferences for unhappiness when eliciting help: Instrumental motives in unhappiness regulation.journal of Motivation and Emotion. 34:306–315.
- Haller،M.،Hadler،M. (2006). How social relations and structures can produce happiness and unhapiness: an international comparative analyses"،Social Indicators Research،Springer.
- Heise،DR. (1977)."social action as the control of effect", Behav.Sci.22:163-177.
- Hochschild،A. R. (1979). Emotion work،Felling Rules،and Social Structure ،The American Journal of Sociology،85 (3) :551-575.Retrieved from https://www.jstor.org
- Kemper،T.D. (1978). A Social Interactional Theory of Emotions. New York: Wiley.
- Kemper،T.D. (2000). The place of emotions in nineteenth century sociology. In: Brogatta،Edgar. E. & Rhonola،J. V.Montgomery (eds).
- Kemper،T.D،Randall،C. (1990). Dimensions of micro interaction. American Journal of Sociology. 96 (1) : 32-68
- Kohestani nezhad, N. (2010). Religiosity and happiness. (MA Thesis). Allameh Tabataba’i university.،faculty of social science،
- Kousha،M., Navid. M. (2000). Are Iranians happy? A comparative study between Iran and the United States. Social Indicators Research. 52: 259–289, [in Persian].
- Luke Badr, L. Dézel, J.-Luc Lamarš, L. (2010). Social Psychology. Translated into Persian by Hamze Ganji. Tehran: Savalan publication.
- Mirabzadeh،A. (2017).The 34th Annual Congress of the Iranian Psychiatric Association، Retrieved from www.mehr news.com, [in Persian].
- Moghadas, A., Ghodrati, S. (2011). A Critical Investigation of Jonathan Turner, Theodore Kemper and Edward Lawler's Theories of Emotion. Journal of Applied Sociology, 22(2), 143-166, [in Persian].
- Pourmohammad Reza Tajrishi, M. Mirzamani, S.M. (2007). Relationship between the activity of brain-behavioral systems،social support and depression. Social Welfare. 26:223-245, [in Persian].
- Putnam،R. (1993). Making democracy work. Civic traditions in modern Italy. Princeton University press،Princeton.
- Rabbani Khorasgani،A. Kianpour،M. (2009) Sociology of Emotion.Applied Sociology.2 (34) :35-64, [in Persian].
- Ridgeway،C.،Johnson, C. (1988). What is the relationship between socioemotional behavior and status in task groups?. Am. Sociol. Assoc. Atlanta.
- Rio, J.M. (2014) Motivation and Excitement. Translated into Persian by Yahya Seyed Mohammadi.Tehran: Edit publisher.
- Rivaz, M.etal. (2013).Depression and its Related Factors in Female Students of Nursing Midwifery Faculty. Women and Society (Women's Sociology) 4 (3) :63-83
- Shalchi, V. (2015). The institutional context of the worrying experience of living in Iranians.The journal of social science .22 (71) : 1-47.
- Shott،Susan. (1979). Emotion and social life: A Symbolic Interactionist Analysis،American Journal Of Sociology. 84 (6) :pp1317-1334
- Sloan،M. M. (2005). There is no happiness at work! Emotion management،in authenticity and psychological distress in the work place.Doctoral dissertation. Retrieved from www.proquest.com.
- Stons, Rob. (2008).Key Thinkers of Sociology.Translated into Persian by Mehrdad Mirdamadi.Tehran: Markaz publication.
- Summers -Efller. E. (2004). Defensive strategies: the formation and social implications of patterned self- destructive behavior. Adv. Group process. 21:309-325. Retrieved from https://www.emeraldinsight.com
- Thoits،PA. (1989). The sociology of emotions. Annual Review of Sociology. (15) : 317-342.
- Turner, H.J. (2014).New sociological theories،Translated into Persian by Ali Asghar Moghaddas،Maryam Soroush. Tehran: sociology publisher, [in Persian].
- Turner،JH. Stets،JE. (2006). "sociological theories of humans emotions"،Annu. Rev. Sociol. 32:25–52
- world happiness report (2017).Retrieved from http://worldhappiness.report/ed/2017.