عنوان مقاله [English]
The present study is essentially a research in the field of social psychology and studies the status of youth value orientations in Sanandaj (18-29), which reflects the transcendental and desirable goals and their priorities and beliefs in relation to identity styles. The research method is descriptive-analytic, correlative, applied, survey and cross-sectional (second half 2018). The sample size was 345 and sampling was done by multi-stage cluster sampling. The empirical findings indicated a significant and positive relationship between the style of information identification with the dimensions of oppenness to change and the index of success in the self-enhancing dimension of cultural values; a normative style with a conservative dimension and finally, the style of diffused identification with cultural values in relation to emphasis on individual interests such as values related to self-improvement. Theoretically, it can be pointed out that, despite the focus on distinct aspects, there is a kind of theoretical and content integrity and overlapping hypotheses, especially in relation to human motivations in these two typologies (identity styles and cultural values) and theoretical discussion in direction of the self, identity and culture. Such a situation can most often be construed as Weberian debate as "selective relationship" (Saboori, 2009) between identity styles and cultural values.
- Abbaszadeh Jahromi, M. Dezhkam, L. (2013). An introduction to Islamic anthropology [In Persian]. Qom: Moaref Publication; 84. (In Persian(.
- Adams, G.R. Berzonsky, M.D. (2003) Blackwell Handbook of Adolescence, Oxford: Blackwell.
- Ahmadi, Y (2014) Typology of Cultural Values Based on Collective Identity (Study: Citizens of Sanandaj). Social Issues Journal of Iran. 5 (1) : 7-32. [In Persian].
- Ahmadi, Y. (2014). Typology of Cultural Values Based on Collective Identity (Study: Citizens of Sanandaj). Social Problems Journal. 5 (1) : 35-50. [In Persian].
- Ahmadi, Y. Ghadezadeh, O. (2014). Typology of Cultural Values Based on Identity. Social Cultural Development Research Journal. 1 (1) : 34-56. [In Persian].
- Ak, Sh. Maleki, A. Zahedi Mazandarani, M J and Ahmadi, Y. (2018). The structure of social classes of the Kurdish Makriyan and their value system. Journal of Ethics. 32 (4) : 23-40. [In Persian].
- Bardi, A., Lee, J. A., Towfi gh, N., and Soutar, G. (2009). The structure of intraindividual value change. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 97 (5) , 913 – 929.
- Bardi Anat, Jaspal, Rusi, Polek, Ela and Schwartz, Shalom H (2014) Values and Identity Process Theory: theoretical integration and empirical interactions, In book: Identity Process Theory: Identity, social Action and social change, Chapter: 9, Publisher: Cambridge University Press.
- Berzonsky, D.M. (1990) “Self-Construction over the Life-Span: A Process Perspective on Identity Formation”. In G. J. Neimeyer & R. A. Neimeyer (Eds.) , Advances in Personal Construct Psychology, 1: 155–186.
- Berzonsky, M & Dennis R. Papini (2014) Identity Processing Styles and Value Orientations: The Mediational Role of Self-Regulation and Identity Commitment, Journal of Identity, 14:2, 96-112.
- Berzonsky, M. D., Cieciuch, J., Duriez, B., & Soenens, B. (2011). The how and what of identity formation: Associations between identity styles and value orientations. Personality and Individual Differences, 50, 295–299.
- Bilsky, W., Janik, M., Schwartz, S.H..(2011). The structural organization of human values-evidence from three rounds of the European Social Survey (ESS). Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology 42 (5) , 759–776.
- Castells, M. (2000). The Power of Identity, Chavoshian Translation. Tehran: Tarhenow. [In Persian].
- Cramer, P. (2004) “Identity Change in Adulthood: The Contribution of Defense Mechanisms and Life Experiences”, Journal of Research in Personality, 38:280-316.
- Crocetti, E. Rubini, M. Berzonsky, M.D. Meeus, W. (2009) “Brief Report: The Identity Style Inventory - Validation in Italian Adolescents and College Students”, Journal of Adolescence, 32: 425-433.
- Durkheim, E., 1897/1964. Suicide. Free Press, Glencoe, I l.
- Erikson, E. (1968). Identity: Youth and crisis. New York, NY: Norton.
- Farzanehkhoo, S M. (2008). Relationship between Family Performance and Identity Identity of Girl Students in Isfahan City, Master's Degree, University of Isfahan: School of Educational Sciences and Psychology. [In Persian].
- Gentz, N. (2006) Globalization, Cultural Identities, And Media Representations, State University of New York Press.
- Ghazanfari, A. (2004). Validation and Standardization of Identity Style Questionnaire (ISI-6G) , Journal of Educational Studies and Psychology. 3 (17) : 81-96. [In Persian].
- Hejazi, A. Farsinejad, M. (2011). "Identity Processing Styles in Gender and Culture Interaction". Journal of Women's Research, 5 (2) : 30-48. [In Persian].
- Hejazi, E. Shahraray, M. Farsinejad, M. Asgary, A. (2009) “Identity Styles and Academic Achievement: Mediating Role of Academic Self-Efficacy”, Social Psychology of Education, 12:123-135. (In Persian(.
- Hofstede, G. (1984). Culture’s consequences: International differences in work-related values. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage Publications.
- Hofstede, G. (1991). Cultures and organizations: Software of the mind. London: McGraw-Hill.
- Hofstede, G. (1998). Masculinity and femininity: The taboo dimension of national cultures. London: Sage Publications.
- Hosseininsab, D. Poursarifi, H. Mohammadi, V. (2009). "Investigation of the relationship between personality traits and identity types in 3rd grade girl students of Tabriz city in the academic year of 2008". Journal of Education and Assessment (education). 2 (6) : 81-98. (In Persian(.
- Inglehart, R. Welesl, Ch. (2010). Modernization, Cultural Change and Democracy. Translation by Yaghoub Ahmadi, Tehran: Kavir Publication. (In Persian(.
- Inglehart, R., Baker, W.E., (2000). Modernization, cultural change, and the persistence of traditional values. American Sociological Review 65, 19–51.
- Jokar, B. Latifian, M. (2006). Relationship between the dimensions of identity and goal orientation in a group of pre-university students in Shiraz and Yasuj. Shiraz University of Social and Human Sciences. 25 (4) : 27-49. [In Persian].
- Kazemi, F. Naderi, H. (2014). "Investigating the Relationship between Identity Styles and Ethnic Identity among Students of Turkmen, Kurd and Mazni Ethnic Groups", Journal of Social Psychology Researches. 3 (12) : 79-92. [In Persian].
- Lee A Julie., Joanne N. Sneddon, Timothy M. Daly, Shalom H. Schwartz, Geoffrey N. Soutar, and Jordan J. Louviere (2016) Testing and Extending Schwartz Refined Value Theory Using a Best–Worst Scaling Approach, Assessment, 12: 1-15.
- Marcia, J. E. (1966). Development and validation of ego identity status. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 3, 551–558.
- Mehrabi Koushki, R. Imam Jumezadeh, J. Masoudnia, H. Rabbani Khorasgani, A. (2016). The Role of Identity Styles in Explaining the National Identity (Students of Isfahan University) , Journal of Applied Sociology. 27 (2) : 43-60. [In Persian].
- Moghanloo, M. Agilar-Vafaei, M. Shahraari, M. (2009). The Relationship between Identity and Religious Styles in Students. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology. 15 (4) : 377-387. [In Persian].
- Nawabinejad, Sh (2007) Identity crisis in adolescents, in book: Theoretical Foundations of Identity and Identity Crisis, by Ali Akbar Alikhani, Tehran: Jihad University. [In Persian].
- Poursiifi, M S. Ranjbaran, R. (2017). The Relationship between Identity Styles, Responsibility and Religious Orientation with the Loneliness of Master Students. Journal of Psychology and Psychiatry. 4 (3) : 10-20. [In Persian].
- Rokeach, M., 1973. The Nature of Human Values. The Free Press, New York.
- Saboori Kashani, M (2009) Sociology of Organizations, Tehran: Shabtab Publishing. Twentieth Edition. [In Persian].
- Sahabi, J. Aqa Bigpour, H. (2010) The Impact of the Cultural Dimension of Globalization on Ethnic Identity (A Case Study of 15-29 Years Old Youth in the Bookan City). Journal of National Studies. 3 (41) : 135-155. [In Persian].
- Schwartz, S. H. (1992). Universals in the content and structure of values: Theory and empirical tests in 20 countries. In M. Zanna (Ed.) , Advances in experimental social psychology (Vol. 25) (pp. 1-65). New York: Academic Press.
- Schwartz, S. H. (1994). Are there universal aspects in the content and structure of values? Journal of Social Issues, 50, 19-45.
- Schwartz, S. H. (2005). Basic human values: Their content and structure across countries. In A. Tamayo & J. B. Porto (Eds.) , Valores e Comportamento nas Organizações [Values and Behavior in Organizations] (pp. 21-55). Petrópolis, Brazil: Vozes.
- Schwartz, S. H. (2006). A theory of cultural value orientations: Explication and applications. Comparative Sociology, 5, 136-182.
- Schwartz, S. H. (2007). Value orientations: Measurement, antecedents and consequences across nations. In R. Jowell, C. Roberts, R. Fitzgerald & G. Eva (Eds.). Measuring attitudes cross-nationally: Lessons from the European Social Survey (pp. 161-193). London: Sage.
- Schwartz, S. H., & Bilsky, W. (1987). Toward a psychological structure of human values. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 53, 550‑562.
- Scyan, P. Changizi, F. (2008). The Relationship between Differentiation and Identity Styles in Bachelor Students of Tehran University. The 4th Student Mental Health Seminar in Shiraz, Shiraz University. [In Persian].
- Shahi, Z. Ojinezhad, A R. (2014). The Effectiveness of Education in a Solution-Based Approach on Increasing the Level of Social Adjustment and Solving the Identity Conflict of Girls, Journal of Women and Society Adolescents. 5 (1) : 21-40. [In Persian].
- Tabatabaei, N. Tabatabai, S. Mohammadi, ah. (2011). "The Relationship between Identity Styles and Responsibility with Academic Achievement in Adolescents aged 15 to 18 in Tehran". Journal of Social Welfare Research. 12 (44) : 23-42. [In Persian].
- Triandis, H. C. (1995). Individualism and collectivism. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
- Weber, M., 1905/1958. The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism. Scribner’s, New York.