عنوان مقاله [English]
This study explores the action, conditions governing the action, practical factors, and strategic approaches of the builders in the housing market. It is an exploratory, qualitative, applied, and cross-sectional research. Accordingly, a systematic analysis of the in-depth interview with 25 people in the housing market in Mashhad was conducted using the Strauss and Corbin's ground theory method. As a result, 256 sub-categories were obtained, and after several coding steps, finally, based on selective coding, the central phenomenon was called "technocratic builders in the struggle for interest and credit". The obtained paradigmatic model included a set of conditions. For example, ground conditions have been formulated as "the economic situation of the metropolitan of Mashhad" and "socio-cultural changes in the pattern of urban housing". Interventional conditions include "decline expertise of housing construction", and "the evolution of the share of land value in housing prices". Causal conditions include "the ability to manage multiple activities", "having the necessary capital or the possibility to absorb it" and "awareness of market conditions". Taking strategies such as "participatory construction", "continuous construction" and "change in construction pattern" lead to the consequences like the "periodic ups and downs at the level of builder performance", "involving with the challenge of balancing profit and loss".
- Abbasinejad, H., and Shahab Lavasani, K. (2014). Predicting periods of boom and bust using wavelet analysis and artificial neural networks [In Persian]. Quarterly of research in economic modeling. Vol 18.
- Adams David Leishman Chris. (2008). Factors Affecting Housing Build-out Rates. Report to Department of Communities and Local Government, Glasgow, Department of Urban Studies, University of Glasgow.
- Alavi, A. Aghayari, M. & Heidari, Taghi (2012). Analysis of the main causes of the high increase in housing prices in Tehran metropolitan [In Persian]. Journal of Geography and Planning. Vol. 16: 42.
- Andoh Kolahchi, M., Rafienan Najafabadi, M., Dehghani, M. & Mirzadeh, S. (2014). Analysis of effecting factors on housing price using stepwise regression model (a case study of Fatemi neighborhood in Tehran) [In Persian]. Urban Management and Economics. No. 7.
- Ansell, B. (2014). The Political Economy of Ownership: Housing Markets and the Welfare State. American Political Science Review. 1-20.
- Arshin, M. & Soroor, R. (2016). Evaluation of executive policies of the government in providing housing to low-income urban groups, a case study in Mashhad [In Persian]. Studies in Urban Management. Vol. 9: 30.
- Axtell, R., Farmer D., Geanakoplos, J., Howitt, P., Carrella, E., Conlee, B. (2014). An Agent-Based Model of the Housing Market Bubble in Metropolitan Washington, D.C. Deutsche Bundesbank's Spring Conference on Housing markets and the macroeconomy: Challenges for monetary policy and financial stability. 5 – 6 June 2014.
- Bahrami, J & Morovvat, H. (2013). Modeling periods of boom and bust in Tehran housing regarding social dynamics [In Persian]. Quarterly of economic research and politics. Vol. 21: 66.
- Bayat, M. & Taherkhani, F. (2016). Comparative study of traditional and industrial methods of construction regarding time and cost [In Persian]. Quarterly of engineering and management of construction. Vol. 1: 1.
- Berger-Thomson, L., & Ellis, L. (2004). Housing construction cycles and interest rates. Sydney: Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Burnside, C., Eichenbaum, M. & Rebelo, S. (2011). Understanding booms and busts in housing markets. Working paper, national bureau of economic research.
- Christie, H., Smith, S., Munro, M. (2008). The emotional economy of housing. Environment and Planning. Vol. 40: 2296 – 2312.
- Creswell, J., (2015). Qualitative dynamics and research design: selecting among five approaches (Narrative, phenomenology, grounded theory, ethnography, and case study). Translated to Persian by Danaeifards, H., Kazemi, and H. Tehran: Saffar Publications.
- Davis, M. A., & Heathcote, J. (2007). The price and quantity of residential land in the United States. Journal of Monetary Economics, 54 (8) , 2595-2620.
- Dawkins, C. J., & Nelson, A. C. (2002). Urban containment policies and housing prices: an international comparison with implications for future research. Land Use Policy, 19 (1) , 1-12.
- Esfandi, S. (2014). A review and evaluation of different ways of governmental interfere in the problem housing for low-income families in Iran [In Persian]. This international Conference of urban civil, architecture, and development.
- Fakhr Hosseini, F. & Fazeli Visari, Elham (2013). Estimating housing demand function using panel data regression, the case of west Mazandaran province cities [In Persian]. Geography and Environmental Studies. Vol. 2:5.
- Filatova, T., Parker, D. and van der Veen, A. (2009). Agent-Based Urban Land Markets: Agent's Pricing Behavior, Land Prices and Urban Land Use Change. Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation. Vol. 12: 13. http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/12/1/3.html
- Gaspareniene, L., Venclauskiene, D., Remeikiene, R. (2014). Critical review of selected housing market models concerning the factors that make influence on housing price level formation in the countries with transition economy. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 110. 419 – 427.
- Ge, J. (2013). Who Creates Housing Bubbles? An Agent-Based Study. The International Workshop on Multi -Agent-based Simulation. Saint Paul, USA.
- Ghaderi, J. & Izadi, B. (2016). Effects of socio-economic factors in housing price in Iran (1971-2012) [In Persian]. Urban Economy. Vol. 1: 1.
- Ghaffari, Farhad, Oveisi Fordooei, T. (2012). Estimation of demand function using Hedonic price pattern: a case study in Qom city [In Persian]. Applied Economics. Vol. 3: 11.
- Ghasemi, M., Arbabian, S., Jafari, E. (2013). Measuring housing price bulb in Iran and the effects of monetary policies in it [In Persian]. Bank and Monetary Research. Vol. 6: 18.
- Gholizadeh, A. & Aghighi, B. (2015). Land and fluctuations of housing prices in Iran [In Persian]. Quarterly of Applied Economic Studies in Iran. Vol. 4: 41.
- Gilbert, A.G. (2014). Free housing for the poor: An effective way to address poverty. Habitat International. Vol. 41: 1. 253-261.
- Goldar, Z., Amiri, M., Gholipour SOuteh, R. & Moazami, M. (2017). Designing a conceptual framework for engaging stakeholders in public policymaking [In Persian]. Accounting Knowledge. Vol. 17: 66.
- Goodhart, C. & Hofmann, B. (2007). House Prices & The Macroeconomy: Implications for Banking & Price Stability. Oxford University Press.
- Gyourko, J. & Molloy, R. (2015). Regulation and housing supply. In Handbook of regional and urban economics. Vol. 5. Elsevier Pubs.
- Hedberg, W. & Krainer, J. (2012) Housing supply and foreclosures. Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Henderson, S. G. (2006). Strategic analysis of a factory built home opportunity in Western Canada. Doctoral dissertation, Faculty of Business Administration-Simon Fraser University.
- Kakejoub, A., Eisalou, A., Mohammadian Mosammam, H. & Rahmati, A. (2013). Effecting factors on urban housing prices using Hedonic model of price, the case study of Sanandaj [In Persian]. Urban Economy and Management. No 3.
- Khalili Araghi, Mansour, Mehrara, M, & Azimi, S. (2012). Effecting factors on housing prices in Iran using mixed data [In Persian]. Quarterly of Economic Research and Policies. Vol. 20: 63.
- Khodadad Kashi, F, & Razban, N. (2014). The role of provisionary notes in housing price changes in Iran (1991-2008) [In Persian]. Quarterly of Economic Research and Policies. Vol: 22: 71.
- Komijani, A., Abbasinejad, H., ELahi, Nasser & Bakhshizadeh, Mohammad (2015). Effects of fluctuations in currency rates on investments in the housing sector in Iran [In Persian]. Economic strategy. No 12.
- Lastrapes, W. D. (2002). The Real Price of Housing and Money Supply Shocks: Time Series Evidence and Theoretical Simulations. Journal of Housing Economics. Vol. 11: 1. pp 40-74.
- Leamer, E. E. (2007). Housing IS the Business Cycle. NBER Working Paper No. 13428.
- Leung, C. (2004). Macroeconomics and housing: a review of the literature. Journal of Housing Economics. Vol. 13: 4. pp 249-267.
- Macal C. M. and North M.l J. (2008). Agent-based modeling and simulation: ABMS examples. Proceedings of the 2008 Winter Simulation Conference.
- Maginn, P. J., Thompson, S., & Tonts, M. (2008). Qualitative housing analysis: an international perspective (Vol. 10). Emerald Group Publishing.
- Manouselis, N. and Sampson, D. (2003). Learning Resources Brokerage Systems: an Agent-based Virtual Market Model. The 3rd IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies.
- Mansouri, A., (2016). Technocracy in policymaking in Science and Technology [In Persian]. Culture Strategy. Vol.: 34.
- McMahon, M., Berea, A. and Osman, H. (2009). An Agent Based Model of the Housing Market: Housing Market Rev8.3.nlogo. Fairfax, VA.
- McMaster, R., & Watkins, C. (1999). The economics of housing: The need for a new approach. In PRRES/AsRES/IRES Conference. Kuala Lumpur.
- Modiri, M., Hayati, S., & Rezaee Moghaddam, Ali (2017). Analysis of the pattern of spacial development of Mashhad metropolitan [In Persian]. Urban Management. Vol. 16: 46.
- Mohammadzadeh, P., Mansoori, M. & Koohi Leilan, Babak (2012). Estimating Hedonic price of residential buildings in Tabriz: using econometric approach [In Persian]. Economic Modeling. Vol 6: 2.
- Mohammadzadeh, P., Panahi, H. & Alomran, A. (2016). The relationship between land price and housing price in Iran [In Persian]. Applied Economic Theories. Vol. 3: 1.
- Mohammdi, A., Hataminejad, H. & Hataminjad, H. (2012). Analysis of performance indicators and conditions in the housing sector in Kurdistan province [In Persian]. Research in Human Geography. Vol 44: 4.
- Neshat, A., Niknaei, M. & Sharifzadegan, M. (2013) Predicting housing for low-income groups with the analysis of demand and provide sides, a case study in Damghan [In Persian]. Research in Human Geography. Vol. 3.
- Nneji, O., Brooks, C., & Ward, C. W. (2013). House Price Dynamics and Their Reaction to Macroeconomic Changes. Economic Modelling. Vol. 32: 172-178.
- Piazzesi M., Schneider M. (2009). Momentum Traders in the Housing Market: Survey Evidence and a Search Model. American Economic Review: Papers & Proceedings. Vol. 99:2. Pp 406–411.
- Pourmohammadi, M. & Asadi. A., (2014). Evaluation of governmental policies of housing for low-income urban groups: a case study of Zanjan city [In Persian]. Geographical Space. Vol. 14: 45.
- Rahnam, M. & Gholizadeh, Sarabi, S. (2012). The role of municipality taxes on housing prices in Mashhad [In Persian]. Quarterly of Urban studies. No. 3.
- Rahnam, M., Asadi, A. & Roosta, M. (2014). Estimating housing prices in Mashhad using Kaplan-Meier model [In Persian]. Quarterly of Urban Economy and Management. No. 8.
- Riazi, A. (2013). City, an interdisciplinary phenomenon [In Persian]. Interdisciplinary studies in humanities. Vol. 6: 1.
- Sabouri Deilami, M. & Shafiee, S. (2012). The study of effecting structures and variables on the housing market [In Persian]. Economic Problems and Policies. Vol. 3.
- Samadi, S. & Moeini, Shahram (2012). Analysis of metropolitan housing price and boundaries of urban growth in Iran: application of panel data pattern in selected Iranian cities: Tehran, Isfahan, and Shiraz [In Persian]. Regional and Urban Research and Studies. Vol. 14: 4.
- Saunders, P. (2013). Social theory and urban problem. Translated to Persian by M. Sharepour. Teresa Publications.
- Schmid, M. (2011). The logic of mechanismic explanations in the social sciences. In Analytical Sociology and Social Mechanisms, Edited by Pierre Demeulenaere. Cambridge University Press.
- Seyed Nourani, S. (2014). Promissory notes and the housing price bulb in Iran urban regions [In Persian]. Quarterly of Economic Research. Vol. 14: 55.
- Shafaee, M. & Madani, Ramin (2011). Explaining grounded theory in designing rural houses. Arman Shahr. No 7.
- Shahbazi, K. & Kalantari, Z. (2012). Effects of shocks of monetary and financial policies on variables of the Housing market in Iran using the SVAR approach [In Persian]. Economic Research and Policies. Vol. 20: 61.
- Shahvand, E., Sebt, M. & Banki, M. (2013). Improvement of the efficiency of provide chain management in civil companies using values engineering approach [In Persian]. Amirkabir. Vol 45: 2.
- Shiller, R. J. (2007). Understanding Recent Trends in House Prices and Home Ownership. NBER Working Paper No. 13553.
- Shirzad, H. (2013). Effect of neo-liberal globalization on rentier government on the Islamic Republic from international eco-politics perspective [In Persian]. Research journal in International Relations. Vol. 6: 22.
- Siami, G., Veiseh, M & Rokhsari Talemi, S. (2015). Measurement of optimum location criteria for Mehr housing projects in Alborz province using multi-criteria methods of AHP and TOPSIS [In Persian]. Sustainable City. Vol. 2: 1.
- Taylor, J. B. (2007). Housing and Monetary Policy". Housing, Housing Finance, and Monetary Policy Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. pp. 463-476.
- Wang, Z., & Zhang, Q. (2014). Fundamental factors in the housing markets of China. Journal of Housing Economics. Vol.: 25, 53-61.
Weber, M. (2015) Economy and Society. Translated to Persian by Manoochehri, A., Torabinejad, M. & Emadzdehm M. Tehran: SAMT publications.